PERKINS PROFESSIONAL SEARCH BLOG
Surety Broker - September 23,20190 comments
This unique opportunity will allow you to work within a proven commercial lines brokerage on an established surety book of business.
Our client is a globally recognized insurance brokerage who is currently looking to expand their commercial product line into the Edmonton area. They are actively seeking an individual with strong surety background and relationship building skills for a Surety Broker role.
This role consists of developing and servicing a book of surety business by following up on leads from Account Executives, cross-selling, up-selling, and making presentations. You will be fully supported by a back end team and structured management system that will provide you with all of the tools you need for success.
- Ensure that bonds are completed accurately and efficiently.
- Gather the necessary information to generate bid bonds, final bonds, and reference letters.
- Liaise with the surety companies requesting bond approvals.
- Participate in presentations to clients on how bonds will help their organization’s success
- Work as a part of a team to generate and follow up on leads from other departments.
- Monitor annual and quarterly monitoring as required by Surety companies.
- Manage annual bid bond service fees.
- Act as the first point of contact for each of the assigned accounts.
- Manage and oversea commercial bonds.
- Must have a Level 2 Insurance License.
- 5+ years of surety/bonding experience.
- Strong understanding of financial statements.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Proven ability to build and maintain long lasting business relationships with key business partners and clients.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and EPIC would be an asset.
- Strong ability to multi task and meet deadlines.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org