PERKINS PROFESSIONAL SEARCH BLOG
Commercial Lines Underwriter - April 2,20190 comments
Is your enthusiasm infectious? Do you find solutions to problems? Do you love analyzing risks and building relationships with brokers? If so…. then our client has an ideal role for you!
Our client is constantly looking for ways to help serve their clients better. They believe that it’s all about delivering genuine personal service, listening carefully to understand needs, creating tailored solutions and making contributions that make a difference.
This international insurer is looking for an energetic, career minded individual to join their Commercial Lines Underwriting team. The successful candidate will interface with brokers, provide detailed underwriting and risk analysis on personal insurance policies, and work as a part of a team to promote the organization’s growth. You will also have the opportunity to mentor your staff members and share your technical expertise with your team.
This organization greatly values providing its employees with a strong work/life balance and offers a flexible work from home structure 3 days/week for successful candidates.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Provide risk analysis for new business while adhering to company and industry policies.
- Handle renewals, endorsements as well as adjustment to policies.
- Data entry for policy information.
- Build rapport with Brokers as well as clients.
- Ensure all policies are compliant and all data is accurate.
- Assist with the training and mentoring of junior staff.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- A minimum of 2+ years commercial lines underwriting experience.
- University degree/college diploma or equivalent experience would be an asset.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive business partnerships with brokers
- Proficient skill with computer applications
- Ability to work well under pressure with minimum supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Desire to go the extra mile to provide the best possible customer service
If this exciting opportunity intrigues you please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.